Complete Care for Stability and Resiliency
MADO Healthcare Douglas Park (formerly known as Sacred Heart Home) is a Recovery and Rehabilitation Center. The Douglas Park Center offers a variety of programs and services for persons living with mental illness. Three distinct programs are offered at this Center: Recovery and Rehabilitation, Independent Living and Crisis Stabilization.
Fostering a connection with peers is an important focus of one’s stay at the Center. In each program, clients are offered an array of individual and group therapeutic services throughout the day. Clients are encouraged to join in recreational therapies and cultural experiences offered in the community, at Douglas Park and within the Center.
Programming and Services
at Douglas Park
- Psychiatric and physical health services – 24/7
- Dual Recovery (mental illness and substance use recovery)
- Individual and group counseling
- Support groups including anger management, stress management, diagnosis education and coping skills
- Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP)
- Illness Management and Recovery (IMR)
- Peer support
- Intensive outpatient programming
- Care management and linkage to community supports
- Workforce Recovery Program
- Recreational opportunities
MADO Healthcare’s 120 day Transitional Living Program supports individuals who can benefit from a setting designed to enhance the practice of independent living skills to facilitate community integration and greater independence.
- The program focuses on self-medication management, financial planning, and life skills.
- Clients practice independent life skills such as laundry, shopping, cooking and general housekeeping
- Peers share a common living room and kitchen and support each other.
- Clients participate in both individual and group counseling and learning.
- Clients participate in pre-employment activity and are paired with community support organizations
At MADO Healthcare, specialized services are offered to individuals in psychiatric crisis. This program provides intensive treatment in a comfortable setting as an alternative to unnecessary inpatient hospitalization. This program helps clients to stabilize their condition to return to health and wellness.
- Clients spend up to 21 days of intensive treatment in a more intimate setting.
- Clients receive individualized evaluation and recovery treatment planning to aid clients in their recovery and promote their continued growth and empowerment.
- MADO Healthcare partners with families and community mental health resources to help the client successfully transition to a setting to support their optimal health and wellness.
Meals are provided daily as clients choose from a variety of options prepared cafeteria style for clients of the Recovery and Rehabilitation and Crisis Stabilization programs, or made by peers in the Independent Living Program.
There are client lounge rooms to enjoy television, read a book or visit with guests. This center is situated on Chicago’s Douglas Park and has a private enclosed park space to enjoy.
THE DOUGLAS PARK CENTER
Overview of Neighborhood
1550 S ALBANY AVENUE
CHICAGO IL 60623
Located on Chicago’s Near West Side and situated on the City’s beautiful Douglas Park, this neighborhood is characterized by cultural points and boulevards. This community is adjacent to the Illinois Medical District. The Douglas Park area is easily accessible via CTA Pink Line (Kedzie Station) and various bus routes.
TINA MENIER, MS, LCPC
ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
LAUREN WILLIAMS, RN
HEALTH SERVICES DIRECTOR