Support for your Mental Health
MADO Healthcare Old Town (formerly known as Margaret Manor Central) is a Recovery and Rehabilitation Center. The Old Town Center offers a variety of services for persons living with mental illness. Fostering a connection with peers is an important focus of one’s stay at the Center. Clients are provided an array of individual and group therapeutic services throughout the day.
Clients can also join in on a variety of activities such as art and recreational therapies and community and cultural experiences throughout the city. It is uniquely located near Lincoln Park Zoo and Lake Michigan, and in walking distance of North Michigan Avenue.
Programming and Services
at Old Town
- Psychiatric and physical health services – 24/7
- Dual Recovery (mental illness and substance use recovery)
- Individual and group counseling
- Support groups including anger management, stress management, diagnosis education and coping skills
- Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP)
- Illness Management and Recovery (IMR)
- Peer support
- Intensive outpatient programming
- Care management and linkage to community supports
- Workforce Recovery Program
- Recreational opportunities
At the Center, all meals are provided daily as clients choose from a variety of options prepared cafeteria style for each meal. There are client lounge rooms to enjoy television, read a book or visit with guests. This center is located on Chicago’s Seward Park and also has a private enclosed courtyard space to enjoy.
THE OLD TOWN CENTER
Overview of Neighborhood
1121 N ORLEANS STREET
CHICAGO IL 60610
Located in the city’s Near North Side, this historic neighborhood is vibrant with commerce. It is in walking distance to Lincoln Park, the lakefront and downtown Chicago. MADO Healthcare’s Old Town Center is across the street from Seward Park which provides many activities and events throughout the year. The center is only steps away from the Chicago Public Library Near North Branch. Old Town is easily accessible by the CTA Red Line (Clark & Division Station) and CTA Brown, Purple and Orange Lines (Sedgwick & Chicago Stations) as well as several bus routes.
ELISA MAURER, LCPC
ANDREA BANASZAK, MSW, LCSW
ARACELI CASTANEDA, RN
HEALTH SERVICES DIRECTOR